Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Trails
Mille Lacs Kathio State Park
Cross-country skiers and snowshoers alike will enjoy the scenic, wooded terrain and rolling hills of the Mille Lacs moraine at Mille Lacs Kathio State Park (just over 33 miles from the Yurts at Yawkey).
Mille Lacs Kathio State Park offers a total of 32k of classic-style groomed cross-country skiing trails that vary in difficulty: 10.9k of easy trails, 12.4k of moderate trails, and 8.7k of difficult trails. The park also includes three scenic, clearly-marked snowshoe trails.
Don’t have skis or snowshoes? No problem! Snowshoe and cross-country ski rentals are available at the park office.
Know before you go:
- Groomed snowshoe and cross-country ski trails (classic only)
- Easy, moderate, and difficult trails
- A State Park vehicle permit is required and can be purchased online or at the self-service kiosk in the park
- A Great Minnesota Ski Pass is required for those ages 16+. Passes are available online and wherever DNR permits and licenses are sold.
- Check the trail conditions, here
- Cross-country ski and snowshoe rentals are available at the park office
- Dogs are welcome on snowshoe trails (as long as they’re leashed) but are not allowed on groomed ski trails
15066 Kathio State Park Road
Onamia, MN 56359
View Trail Maps
Photo Credit: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources